Recipe: Spinach Ravioli with Tomato Cream Sauce by Sinfully Sabrina
Our next guest recipe is by Sabrina Go, author of www.sinfullysabrina.com. She works as a full-time account manager, but cooks for the family as often as she can. Just like most of us, she is not a professional cook, but simply finds joy and comfort in creating homemade meals and documenting them on her food blog for her family and friends.
Sabrina’s recipe for Spinach Wonton Ravioli with Tomato Cream Sauce is easy and simple to make. Do not let the name “ravioli” scare you away she says, for she has given us a more accessible alternative to this Italian pasta — and that is our regular wonton wrapper!
Perfect, because not everyone has a pasta machine at his or her disposal anyway and not everyone has the patience to make ravioli! 🙂
The best part about this dish? You can store the uncooked ravioli in the freezer to enjoy them for another day!
Now, that will surely leave your family and friends impressed! 🙂
Spinach Wonton Ravioli with Tomato Cream Sauce
Ingredients for the Spinach Wonton Ravioli:
30 Wonton wrappers
3 cup Spinach, chopped
1 ½ cups Shitake mushrooms, diced
½ cup Mozzarella cheese, grated
¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
4 oz. Cream cheese, softened
1 Garlic clove, chopped
1 Tbsp. Olive oil
1 egg, separated (use egg white only)
Ingredients for the Tomato Cream Sauce:
800g crushed tomatoes, canned
2 cups chicken broth (2 cups water + 1 chicken buillion cube)
2 cups water
½ onion, medium
2 garlic cloves
½ tbsp. dried basil
1 tbsp. sugar
1 cup all-purpose cream
Salt and pepper
1 tbsp. olive oil
Red pepper flakes, if you want some spice
Parsley, for garnish
Parmesan cheese, for garnish
Procedure for the Spinach Wonton Ravioli:
- Heat olive oil in a sauté pan.
- Sauté garlic, chopped spinach and mushrooms until wilted and cooked, about 2-3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Set aside to cool.
- Mix in cooked and cooled spinach and mushrooms with mozzarella, parmesan and cream cheese. Season with Salt and pepper.
- Spoon ½ Tablespoon of the spinach mixture onto the middle of a wonton wrapper, wipe or brush edges of the wrapper with egg whites and fold over to make a triangle.
- Lay on a baking sheet with a sprinkle of flour at the bottom to prevent from sticking.
- In a saucepan, fill with water and let boil. Add salt when water begins to boil.
- Drop wonton raviolis one at a time, 5 pieces maximum can go in at the same time, cooking for 2-3 minutes each.
- Lay 3-4 raviolis on each serving plate/bowl. Spoon tomato cream sauce (recipe below) over wonton raviolis. Garnish with parmesan cheese and a sprig of parsley.
Procedure for the Tomato Cream Sauce:
- In a large saucepan on medium-high heat, sauté onions for 2 minutes and add garlic, salt and pepper. Sauté for another minute.
- Pour canned tomatoes, chicken broth, water, dried basil and sugar in the sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the all purpose cream in the tomato sauce, bring to boil and simmer again for another 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with fresh basil or parsley on top, or if preferred, parmesan cheese.
If you want to get more recipes from Sabrina, check out her food blog at www.sinfullysabrina.com
And if you want to share your simple homemade recipes, please email them to me at : email@example.com.
Who knows, your recipe may just be the next featured guest’s recipe on The Spoiled Mummy!
Keep on cooking!!