It is already the second week of January … Doesn’t it seem like only yesterday when we celebrated Christmas and the New Year?
Time flies and at the beginning of every year, we see everyone wiping their slates clean and making new lists… list of things to do, things to work on and goals to achieve.
I am excited as everyone else because the beginning of the year is the perfect time to start planning and hoping about the future. Admittedly, I have many resolutions in life, but I narrowed them down to 10 essential ones. This is a list of the things that I would like to work on, improve on and do more of. I also included here my personal dreams that I would like to see come true this 2014.
So here we go…
1. I will make efficient use of my time by coming up with a schedule and sticking to it. I will clean my workspace as I go. I will file papers and pay bills as soon as possible. I will not procrastinate nor cram everything until the very last minute. I will follow my list of things to do according to priority. Whether it’s a daily, weekly or monthly schedule, now is a good time to start and put those new year planners to use!
2. I will be more organized. From my personal files to my work files, photos to recipes, blog entries and to everything else in between, this is the year I will learn to properly file, store and organize! And I am referring to both paper and digital filing here. I know there is a more efficient way of storing files digitally, but being the un-techie person that I am, I just don’t know how and where to begin! So if you have tips, feel free to share them here with me!
3. I will cook more, but I will also learn how to bake! I always say that I can cook…but for the life of me, I cannot bake! And to think I am one person who loves desserts! This is basically the reason why the numbers on my speed dial are that of my favorite homebakers! So to all my baker friends out there, please feel free to send me your tried and tested (but simple) baking recipes!
4. I will travel to places I’ve never been. Sure, I love going back to my favorite cities every now and then (Hong Kong and Tokyo for me) but it’s also refreshing to experience different things in new places. Last year, I was fortunate to have visited two cities I had never been to : Danang in Vietnam and Sapporo in Japan. This year, I hope to visit more new places for adventure!
5. I will spend more quality time with the kids. We Mummies know that it’s not enough that we tell them we love them. What’s more important is how we make them feel loved. The best way to show this is through quality time we spend with them. This is especially important because children grow fast. Although life throws us many distractions along the way (Mummy is on Facebook again?!!), I have set to prioritize my time with my children above all else.
6. I will take care of myself more. Taking care of ourselves should also be given importance, because as Mummies, we cannot take care of others (like our children) if we don’t take care of ourselves first. Remember, we are as important and as special as they are! This year I will have time for myself and the things I would like to do on my own. I will build more relationships and nurture my friendships. I will put in time for hobbies, exercise, rest and relaxation. I will eat healthier and cleaner. I will care for my skin more. I will be more conscious of what I do and put into my skin and body. This is the year I will improve on my over all health and well being.
(Click on this link to read my post about my Afternoon of Spa and Tea Party with La Mer.)
7. I will stress less. This year, I promised myself (and my kids) that I will not sweat the small stuff! I told them that when they start seeing me about to pop, they are free to remind me of this promise! I am the type who micromanages everything : the home, the kids, the blog and life in general – yes, because I am O.C. that way (no judging, LOL!). So when things don’t go according to plan, I stress out and panic! This year, I vow to be more calm and relaxed especially when things don’t happen the way I want them to. I will remain composed in the midst of trouble. (So help me God!!!)
8. I will help and share more. I am blessed beyond words. So this 2014, my goal is to give more – more of myself, more of my time, more of what I can do. This can be as simple as smiling to someone who is rude, being patient while waiting in line, not complaining about bad service in a restaurant (tsk, tsk!) or simply inspiring someone to be more positive about life in general.
9. I will be positive and grateful. I have always believed in the power of positivity and gratitude. Think positive thoughts and positive things will happen. It’s all part of the law of nature, law of karma and the law of the universe. And when you learn how to be grateful for the little that you have, more will be given to you. For 2014, I will start my day with a gratitude prayer and allow only positive thoughts to inspire me. I will try my best to block all negative feelings, emotions and what-not’s to prevent them from turning me into a negatron!
10. I will write more. This year, you will see and hear more from me. I have so many ideas in mind, projects and events in the pipeline that I can’t wait to share with all of you. I hope you are as excited as I am because you will see a lot of new things from me this 2014! Part of this plan is to be able to meet more of my readers, followers and co-bloggers! In fact, for the past year and a half of my blogging life, I have been fortunate to have already met some of you!
2014 has just begun which means there is hope for a new beginning. As early as now, I am hoping and expecting that the universe will conspire and make all our plans, wishes, hopes and dreams come true!
All we have to do is believe and think positive that the best is yet to come for both you and me!
May we all be spoiled and blessed even more this 2014!