Entertaining Home & Family

Our Daughter’s Baptism

November 14, 2012

Alessi Baja 022011 (366)

Because having a girl just makes everything more special!

Not to say that my 2 older boys are not special…of course they very much are! But having a girl just turned me to an even more detailed-oriented, “trying-hard-to-be-a-perfectionist-mother” than I already am! 🙂

From the moment I found out that I was having a girl for our third, I was just too happy beyond words and no doubt too excited about it, that I started planning her baby shower, baptism, and 1st birthday even just a couple of months into my pregnancy! (And honestly, even way before the doctor confirmed the gender!) 🙂

As I’ve written here in my Baby Shower post, I’ve always dreamt of having my own daughter someday. I am an only girl who grew up surrounded with brothers all my life, so having my own little girl who I can dress up and play dolls with is something that really excited me! Of course, not to mention that I’ve also always wanted to have a version of my own self, my own mini-me! 🙂

So here I am sharing with you some of the photos from that very first special event of our daughter, her Baptism…

Her Christening gown

Bows and ribbons embroidered on her Pina silk dress

Church rites were held at the St.Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri Parish

I’ve always liked using unique concepts for my events and parties so for her reception, I chose a Marie Antoinette theme using the colors pink and gold all over

Dessert table was styled by Bambi Hernandez.

Most of the baked goodies in the Dessert table were done by Swell Sweets.

The Cake – pink and white with gold pearls

Cupcakes

Cookies on a stick were a hit with the kids!

Gifts for the guests…French Macarons in different shades of Pink with Valrhona chocolate filling

Something more special for the Ninongs and Ninangs (Godparents) : Gold teacups wrapped in pink tulle clasped by a pearl heart

A Harpist provided the angelic melody that filled the whole venue

Reception was held at the Makati Shangrila Hotel

Our family priest (and my favorite priest of all time), Monsignor Matt Garcia, who baptized our daughter was also present in the reception and gave his special blessing before we partook of the food

Special thanks to my friend Reena Belza for the photos of the party

Guests enjoyed the delicious and well-prepared food and drinks

Thank God that for her first party, everything turned out to be as beautiful and special as I’ve imagined it to be. But more than the event’s success, the Hubby and I are more than happy and grateful, for we feel extremely blessed to have this very special girl in our lives. We thank Him for giving us this most precious gift!

Her Baptism into the Catholic faith was more than a celebration for our family. It was a momentous occasion that we were all witnesses of… because after all, this was her grand debut or shall I say, this marked her grand entrance to the one faith we believe in.

Of course, I cannot forget to give my special thanks to her two adoring brothers who constantly shower her with lots of love, tight hugs and super wet kisses!

Till our next party!

You Might Also Want To Read

A Rockstar Birthday Party!

August 30, 2012

3 Things I am Grateful for this Mother’s Day

May 9, 2015

A Pretty Simple Birthday Party: Christmas Picnic in the Garden

February 17, 2015

19 Comments

• Reply Kim Olonan November 14, 2012 at 4:34 am

what a cute theme!(as usual) i saw you at Rockwell last Sunday with your family=) how can a mother of three look so polished and poised??! keep em posts coming spoiled mommy!=)

• Reply TheSpoiledMummy November 14, 2012 at 6:22 am

Thank you, Kim. You should have said hi! Dont worry, I dont bite! 🙂

• Reply Amanda Griffin-Jacob November 14, 2012 at 5:32 am

Insanely gorgeous! Such exquisite attention to detail! Well done. Very inspirational/aspirational. 🙂

• Reply TheSpoiledMummy November 14, 2012 at 6:22 am

Thanks, Amanda <3

• Reply Martine November 14, 2012 at 6:34 am

Love the theme and motif of this party, Grace! Once again, beautifully executed. Love how involved you are in the process, from concept to the actual designs. It helps to have suppliers who are visionaries, too!

• Reply TheSpoiledMummy November 14, 2012 at 12:17 pm

Thank you, Martine! I enjoyed the whole planning process too…a bit stressful but all worth it! 🙂

• Reply Jocelyn November 14, 2012 at 1:58 pm

I love pink! May your baby girl exhibit the same exquisite taste you have for all things girlie and beautiful when she grows up. Lovely post, Grace!

• Reply TheSpoiledMummy November 14, 2012 at 11:57 pm

Thank you, Jocelyn. Yes I am in love with all things pink too! 🙂

• Reply Christine Cordero November 22, 2012 at 9:51 am

Can’t help but envy how beautiful all your parties are. I so love the details! Hope to invite you someday to share in my party blog. 🙂

• Reply TheSpoiledMummy November 23, 2012 at 1:24 am

Thank you, Christine!

• Reply Mia November 22, 2012 at 2:59 pm

I so love the photos! Details are perfect! Your daughter is lucky, as well as your boys, to have a hands on mom! 🙂

• Reply TheSpoiledMummy November 23, 2012 at 1:25 am

I am more than blessed to have them! 🙂

• Reply Mel November 25, 2012 at 5:52 am

What are the best gifts you’ve received from the sponsors? What do you recommend as gifts for sposors?

• Reply TheSpoiledMummy November 27, 2012 at 6:26 am

Best gifts from and to the sponsors are the personalized ones 🙂

• Reply Lissa Sheker February 17, 2013 at 12:35 pm

You make unique events and parties. Very well-thought of 🙂

Fr. Matt officiated my wedding, he’s our family priest and a favorite of mine too!

Stay blessed.

• Reply TheSpoiledMummy February 18, 2013 at 1:42 am

Fr. Matt, or rather Monsignor Matt, has been our family’s priest for a long time now…yes, he is really good! He is full of love, positive vibes and charm too. We are blessed to know him! 🙂

• Reply Lethel February 15, 2015 at 2:54 pm

Hi. Your daughter’s christening gown was beautiful. Do you mind sharing where you got it from? Understand though if you want to keep the info private. Thanks.

• Reply TheSpoiledMummy February 16, 2015 at 2:50 pm

Hi! It’s from Rustan’s! Thanks for dropping by 🙂

• Reply Marie March 30, 2016 at 8:41 am

We adopted our daughter when she was 13 years old,just a month before her 14th birthday and told her that we were going to baptize and christen her into the catholic faith as an infant.Our priest agreed to baptize her as an infant and her name was put on the Infant baptism roster.Her baptism and christening was scheduled for two months after her birthday.We found a cute teen size baptism gown and matching bonnet on craigs list and got lace socks and a pair of white satin booties for her to wear with the gown and bonnet.Two weeks before the ceremony,we bought cloth diapers and super large size rubberpants and put them on her 24/7 to make her into and infant.The morning of her baptism and christening,we took her to the nursery and put new cloth diapers and rubberpants on her with a tee shirt,then her gown ,bonnet,lace socks and the booties and gave her a pacifier and baptized and christened her as in infant during mass.After her baptism and christening,we kept her in the cloth diapers and rubberpants as a baby for the next year.